Saturday, July 07, 2007

Windows Mobile 6: How does it stack up?

In my never-ending quest to sync my Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC calendar to anything other than Outlook, I came across LapLink Software's PDASync, which works with a variety of PC-based calendars, including Notes, Groupwise, Lotus Organizer, and ACT! 2000. For me, none of those are viable alternatives to Outlook. But what about Vista Calendar, I wondered? Would PDASync support Vista Calendar? I dropped a note to LapLink Software and received this reply from Aarti Vaid:
"Unfortunately, Laplink is not currently looking to build a version of PDAsync that works between Windows Mobile 5.x and Vista's Calendar. However, I will forward this enquiry to the developers for consideration. Thank you for writing in. If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know."
I notice some Windows Mobile 6 devices are already shipping. Does anyone reading this have one? Which calendars does it work with on the PC side?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NONE. It's been very frustrating. I have tried to use GoogleCalendar and then syncing it with GMobileSync. It's supposed to work, but I haven't gotten mine to do so. Perhaps you may have better luck. . . or expertise.

Anonymous said...

Windows Mobile 6 is designed only to work with Outlook. I don't have Outlook so I use Google Calendar and sync it with my MOTO Q9m using OggSync(http://www.download.com/3001-2156_4-10693446.html?spi=7a7104e83513212a9f9251021a5ec853?idl=n.)
Works just fine.

Anonymous said...

i use "Missing Sync" and Sync my HTC TyTn II running Windows Mobile 6 with iCal.

Anonymous said...

gmobile sync is definitely the way to go.

http://www.codeplex.com/gmobilesync/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=9376